Saturday, June 16, 2007

IS MY TIMER BAD?




when the washer dryer or other appliance quits most folks assume its the timer, why the motor couldnt posibly be bad, the machine aint but twenty years old ! how can you know if its the timer? well brother let me give yall a little advice (I has a BS degree) remember that! lol
case in point:
the wife tells me the clothes are still in washing mode for an hour now, shes says , she says" why dont you get of yer lazy a$$ and go check it out, Mr Appliance!" I naturally strut out towards the utility room with a coupla beers just to humor her. when I get there I see the washer washing away. so I stop it, and move the timer over to spin, and let er rip. she pumps, and spins. I go back inside.
2 hours later my wife tells me the washer is still spinning out. we really need to rinse the clothes darling. haha, so I grab a few beer and ditty bop out to the laundry room and place the timer in the rinse mode. well I hear some music playing up at the zebra lounge and wander off to the bar . I come back three hours later and I put her on spin and grab a few more beers. I am listening to an all blues saturday night,and, I am totally in the dog house now, because of a dang timer. Did I mention the wife dont like for the sultan of dog river (the mutha of all mullets) to go to the bar?, anyway, the timer can give you some answers if you look into it, thats right open it up! Do an inspection! The same goes for washers or dryers.
Take a look, but be vewy vewy careful, if it comes ta pieces, you will have to buy another, because even mother goose couldnt put humpty dumpty back together again!
If it looks like a scene from backdraft 2 inside yer timer you can be purty certain its the timer!
Its takes a keen eye and a steady hand and a few beers ! and thats just to put it back together! Or better yet brang the dang thang down here and we can both cuss over it .If the timer looks good inside then you might want to take a look at the motor ,that is if the appliance wont run at all.
now about the motor,if its real stiff to turn it could be bad, if its smelling like a toaster you mom had from goodwill for fourty years,If it sounds like annnnnnnnnnk! when you try to start it, or if you have been reaching into the dryer for the last five years and spining the drum to get it started ,it might be the motor. The mullet can look at it, talk about it, pray over it, and locate it, if he aint got it.
also the timer (if its determined by me to be bad) can be possibly rebuilt by yankees in michigan, for a substantial savings, if I deem it to be repairable.
the bottom dollar is either the drive motor or the contacts or the crapola scattered inside your timer might be bad, but might NOT be bad, and timers are not a refundable part, SO DONT WASTE YER HARD EARNED MONEY!, ask the expert! or if he aint around check with yours trully , heehee! I can BS with the best of em.

No comments: